“THERE IS SUCH A DEEP SHAME ATTACHED TO NOT BEING ABLE TO CARRY A BABY TO TERM…. I DON’T WANT ANOTHER BABY, I WANT THIS BABY.”
Suffering a miscarriage is an agonizing process for the couples affecting them both psychologically & physically.
It comes with a feeling of hopelessness & loss.
A question persistently comes to your mind, what did I do wrong?
Let’s eliminate some guilt!
There are reasons for recurrent miscarriages.
- Hit-or-miss chromosomal errors
- Chromosomal boo-boos passes on to the embryo from mom, dad or both
- Hormonal abnormalities, including low progesterone
- An abnormally shaped or scarred uterus that doesn’t allow the baby enough room to grow
- Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APLS), an autoimmune disorder
- Constricted uterine arteries, which cause poor blood flow to the uterus& cut off the oxygen & nutrients to the growing baby
- A weak cervix that tends to dilate before the baby is ready to be born
MISCARRIAGE MISCONCEPTIONS :
- Miscarriage always means there was something wrong with the fetus.
- Miscarriage always means there is something wrong with you.
- Miscarriage can’t happen after the first three months.
- Miscarriage won’t happen to me.
- Miscarriage can’t happen twice.
- The miscarriage was caused by something you did.
- A miscarriage is no big deal.
- Miscarriage is God’s way of telling you something.
- Miscarriage means you are a bad person & an unfit mother-to-be.